On Monday, Jan. 30, Niagara’s 2021 Canada Games Bid Group – called Team Niagara – will be taking a road trip from Niagara to Ottawa to submit the final bid to the Canada Games bid review committee.
We need your support over the next couple of months to show the bid committee what Niagara is made of before it makes its final decision on March 30.
Team Niagara’s vision for the 2021 Canada Summer Games will provide a legacy of infrastructure, community programs and spirit that will be transformative for Niagara.
Hundreds of community leaders from across Niagara have been involved in developing the vision for the bid, including many current and former athletes, coaches and sport managers.
Now, we need the support of the Niagara community to help make our bid successful.
Here are five ways you can get involved and help bring the Canada Games to Niagara.
- Visit www.niagara2021.com and signing the online letter of support found on the front page of the website.
- Follow @Niagara2021 on Twitter and Instagram and like Niagara 2021 on Facebook.
- Post photos to social media of unique Niagara landmarks and/or make signs of support to show why Niagara is the ideal host region.
- Post videos to social media telling us why you want Niagara to host the games and why you think it’s the ideal community.
- And most importantly, use the hashtag #NiagaraAreYouIn and mention @Niagara2021 and @CanadaGames in all of your posts!
Photos and videos from youth and athletes are especially encouraged – so get your team or organization involved! Photos and videos can be posted to social media or emailed to email@example.com.
Help us show the bid committee – and the country – that Niagara’s rich sports history and natural, recreational, historical, and cultural appeal, make it an ideal host community for the 2021 Canada Games!